This site is specifically for the American V-Twin industry since this segment faces challenges unique from the rest of the motorcycle industry. Look for upcoming information on key issues such as, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards; sound limits and equipment requirements.
The MIC works relentlessly to promote and protect the motorcycle industry by negotiating with government agencies, raising public awareness of motorcycling and generating market data.
For more information on MIC's extensive benefits, please visit "Join MIC".
These are just a few of the actions and benefits!
- Supported adoption of an EPA and CARB standards that won't force catalyst technology on all models.
- Supported exemption for small volume manufacturers from the stringent Tier 2 EPA and CARB emission standards
- Supported exemptions for custom/kit bikes and display bikes from EPA emissions standards
- Proposed the recently adopted EPA engine certification program for individuals, small volume manufacturers, and custom built motorcycles
- Supported the delay of the EPA on-highway tank and fuel line permeation standards until 2010 for small volume manufacturers
- Provides members with easy access to and assistance in "de-coding" motorcycle state and federal regulations
- Provides quarterly cruiser retail sales by brand
Exhaust and Permeation Emissions Regulations
Equipment Standards and Customs Regulations
To download these files, right click the link and select "Save Target As"
> Click here to learn more about how to become a member.
In order to view some of the files found in the links above, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader,
or the logo below to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat® Reader.